About the Conference
“Markets Shaping Management Education,” the 2016 GBSN and EFMD Joint Conference in Africa, will focus on customer-focused innovations in management education models and practices. Deans and faculty from across Africa, and around the world, are invited to come to Accra to participate in for this highly interactive and practical agenda. Participants will meet, discuss and share with a variety of employers, students and alumni, and international colleagues that share an interest in improving access to quality management education in Africa and other developing regions.
How are schools responding to their local markets with new programs, business models and recruitment strategies?
What are the forces shaping the management education market in West Africa and other regions on the African Continent?
How can management schools better identify and learn from trends in the marketplace to shape their strategy?
Sessions at the GBSN and EFMD Joint Conference in Africa will address these questions, highlighting salient issues facing the management education market, including the increased focus on lifelong learning, business integration and mobility among African nations, employability, and job creation.
Who Should Attend?
- Business School Deans, Faculty and Program Directors with an interest in building international connections and developing their school’s program quality and market relevance
- Ministry of Education and Ministry of Employment officials
- Development Professionals focused on training and management issues
- Corporate HR and Training Managers who want to better connect with and understand business schools
The Interactive Agenda Features:
- A Special Dialogue with local business professionals, students and alumni to explore the opportunities and challenges at top of mind for these key stakeholders
- Speakers from industry, business education and international aid sectors with an interest in growing the management talent pool
- Showcases of real management talent challenges, and how business schools are solving them through partnership and innovation
- Presentations of research on the market for management education and its impact
- Discussions on how management schools can understand, anticipate and address the needs of the market
- Lots of networking opportunities to develop new ideas, partnerships and projects
About the Conference Hosts
The Global Business School Network is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening management, entrepreneurial and leadership talent for the developing world through better access to quality, locally relevant education. GBSN harnesses the power of a network of nearly 70 leading business schools that share a dedication to our mission to build management education capacity for the developing world.
EFMD is a leading international network of business schools and companies (820 members / 82 countries) at the forefront or raising the standards of management education and development globally. EFMD runs the EQUIS and EPAS accreditation systems as well as the EFMD Deans Across Frontiers development programme (EDAF) and is one of the key reference points for management education worldwide.