International Network Engagement Intern
Location: Washington DC
Hours: Part-time paid internship (approximately 16-20 hours per week), begins mid January ends mid June 2017, flexible hours and start dates
Compensation: $500 monthly stipend
Required Education: Currently working towards undergraduate or graduate degree in international development/affairs, business, higher education, other relevant field
Categories: Project Management, Research & Surveys, Data Analytics, Reporting and Relationship Building
Contact: Nicole Zefran at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Global Business School Network’s internship program is an integral part of the organization. Interns are actively involved in all areas of the organization and play a vital role in day-to-day operations. GBSN seeks interns who are well-organized team players with a commitment to and interest in international development, higher education, capacity building. Interning with GBSN is a great way to gain real world experience that prepares you for a career in non-profit management, international development, communications, business, or many other avenues.
The Network Engagement Intern will work closely with GBSN’s staff in providing support for Members’ projects and assist in Member engagement and recruitment.
Responsibilities (projects may vary based on organizational needs and Members’ interests)
- Assist in the revision and update of GBSN’s Salesforce platform including data cleanup and settings
- Ensure that all of GBSN’s Members contacts and bio info are as accurate as possible in the platform
- Provide support to GBSN’s staff in keeping member-related information and activity up to date
- Assist in generating insightful Salesforce activity reports
Member & Network Engagement Support:
- Provide administrative and logistical support for GBSN Members projects and engagement initiatives.
- Help monitor and encourage Members’ activities within GBSN’s ExpertLink Platform
- Help research topics and speakers for GBSN’s conference, webinars, summits, member networking gatherings and other events
- Assist in tracking Network and Membership engagement
- Provide support for research project to map business schools in Africa
- Help keep GBSN’ website/blog/ opportunities board up to date on external events, opportunities and member updates.
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material utilized throughout the internship
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties
- Office experience and fluency in English required
- Maturity to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strict attention to detail and ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Ability to explore new technologies and quickly acquire new tech skills
- Strong interest in higher education, international development, relationship building, research and project management
- Experience with developing & emerging world contexts
- Proficiency with Mac OS, DreamWeaver, and SalesForce preferred
- Authorization to work in the US
To increase the student’s knowledge and abilities in international development, higher education, relationship building and project management. GBSN offers a comfortable, creative work environment that welcomes diversity.
Email Nicole Zefran at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that indicates how you learned of the internship and details your interest and qualifications
- Brief Writing Sample (no more than two pages)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. GBSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.