14 May 2017 - 16 May 2017
African Business Schools: Advocates for Better Business
AABS aims to provide you with a conference to Connect with fellow business school practitioners, business and thought leaders. AABS Connect will encourage debate to aid African business and management education growth strategy.
- Day One: Cairo Immersion, Gala Dinner
- Day Two: Conference Day: Panels 1 – 4
- Day Three: Member’s Meeting, Dean’s and Director’s Meeting
- Panel One: Opportunities for Business and Business Schools
- Future scenarios for the region
- Macro-economic factors and expectations
- Panel Two: Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation
- Business Schools as social innovators
- Base of the Pyramid Thinking and Actions: is there a fortune in BoP?
- Panel Three: Building Lasting Family Business
- Achieving excellence and sustainable growth in family business
- Corporate and family governance as safeguards for progress
- Panel Four: Impact and Challenges of the Shared Economy
- Shared economy: a pivoting point for future growth
- Challenges of formalizing the shared economy
AABS Member School Delegate – 500 USD
AABS Non-Member School Delegate – 1000 USD
AABS Associate Delegate – 500 USD
Click here for more information about the event.
AABS Preferred Hotel: The Westin Cairo Golf Resort & Spa Katameya Dunes located at 90 Road, Cairo, Cairo Governorate.
AABS has secured a preferential hotel rate of USD 130 Single Classic room or USD 145 Double Classic room, with breakfast. The rates are per room per night subject to 12% service charge, 13% sales tax and 1% city tax (accumulative).
Each delegate is responsible for making their own hotel reservation directly with the AUC Travel Office. You will need to provide the AUC Travel Office with the group booking name which is AABS Connect Conference, your details (including your names, check-in and check-out dates, room occupancy), as well as your method of payment (specify if paying with a third-party credit card or an individual credit card).
Contact Person at AUC Travel Office
- Mariette Rifaat – Travel Officer
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone number: +202 615 3964
Please note that all rooms are subject to availability after the 9th April 2017. There will be no cancellation cost if the hotel is contacted up to 7 days prior to the arrival date. Thereafter a cost of one night’s accommodation will be charged. One night charge will be applied in the case of a no-show. The cost of the hotel room is not included in the registration fee. Any room changes, cancellations, etc will be the responsibility of the delegate and must be made directly with the hotel.
Join AABS Connect, as a sponsor, and you will affiliate your organization with the Association of African Business Schools annual conference and annual business meeting. This event brings together deans and directors and senior business school staff from across Africa (and internationally) as well as thought leaders interested in management education in Africa.
The event provides the opportunity for networking as well as input on management education trends across Africa and internationally, with the main focus of always improving the quality of management education in Africa.
Your sponsorship also helps to support the important work AABS is doing in promoting capacity building, collaboration and quality improvement in management education in Africa. This enables business schools in Africa to contribute towards economic growth and development in the continent.
- AABS Connect Sponsor – 5000 USD
- conference registration for two representatives
- exhibition table at event
- 1 A5 page in conference booklet
- logo advertised on sponsors page in conference booklet
- Advert – 500 USD
- 1 A5 page in conference booklet
For more details, contact the AABS Secretariat at 0027 11 771 4382 or email@example.com
To register online, click here.