24 February 2020 - 25 February 2020
INSEAD Asia Campus
As business schools today have become more digital and market portfolios more complex, the need for professional data management in leadership and management has grown accordingly.
Data management has become a critical feature supporting core processes like external compliance, accreditation, rankings, stakeholder accountability, strategy, benchmarking, risk management, internal management-by-objectives, portfolio performance measurement, assurance of learning, publishing, granting and quality assurance more generally – a list that can easily be further extended. As a consequence, business schools (as well as their parent organisations) have to collect, process, analyse and maintain more data than ever before. This trend is likely to accelerate in the years to come.
As data management is taking up a more strategic and central role in business school development, it also demands more systematic attention by senior management. This workshop will act as an enabler and platform for the further professionalisation of data management in business schools. It will provide an interactive learning environment based on peer-to-peer and problem-based learning. Participants will work in small groups on applied cases that will display examples of applied SDM. Participants will also have ample networking opportunities to participants and fellow practitioners. Participants will develop an in-depth understanding of Smart Data Management in business schools and higher education context using an ecosystem perspective. They will be able to evaluate the positioning of their institution in the light of the basic principles and best practices of SDM.
- Gain understanding of the general principles of smart data governance and learn how to operationalise them in the context of institutional data management
- Learn how to support their institutional strategy process with data using a business school data ecosystem perspective
- Share and learn from fellow practitioners’ experiences on how to best develop a data governance framework to support the development of a smarter data management framework for their respective institutions
- Develop awareness by understanding the needs of current compliance and information security topics
- Increase their understanding of smart data management as a key contributor to sustainable quality assurance
The workshop is targeted at business school executives with strategic/managerial responsibilities that include data governance/strategy, data management and/or quality processes or parts thereof. Deans, Associate Deans (with data management in their brief), CIOs and Heads of Accreditation will benefit from this workshop.
Click here for Practical Information