CEEMAN Poster Session
How We Adapted, So Far?
Wednesday, 23 September 2020
The COVID crisis has tested our business schools, our corporate partners and students as no crisis has done before. It was unexpected, radical, and global. As the world is starting to leave behind the first wave of this crisis, we would like to encourage you to share the solutions you have tested and the innovations you are considering for the future by presenting them at the traditional CEEMAN poster session within the 28th CEEMAN Annual Conference taking place on 23-25 September 2020 – only this time it will take place virtually.
The poster session is an opportunity to display innovations faculty members and researchers have implemented during the last months. Even when these innovations are still at an experimental phase, presenting them to the CEEMAN community will give the chance of finding support and receiving valuable feedback. You can also consider innovations tested in the past and that you believe could be relevant in the new current circumstances.
The goals of the poster session are:
- to raise the visibility of new, emerging or proven, successful pedagogical innovations of faculty members at CEEMAN member and partner institutions that could be relevant to the new reality that COVID-19 has triggered;
- to promote the exchange of new research findings and tools;
- to foster networking among faculty members and researchers;
- to create a new platform for publishing and disseminating research findings, teaching materials and solutions.
Submit your proposal for a poster presentation in one or several of the following subtracks:
- Your teaching case study,which you have developed yourself and already use in your teaching practice;
- Your research work,which may be a fundamental or applied research project, or alternately your concrete, new research findings which have a clear reference to their application in management/business teaching;
- Your teaching tool & technique, which you have developed or adopted successfully in your course/program;
- Your other experience, which you would like to present and is relevant to the conference theme.
Potential contributors need to:
- Submit their poster presentation abstract by 19 July 2020 to email@example.com with the subject “CEEMAN Poster session”. Your submission should indicate the sub-track of your poster (teaching case study / research / teaching tool or technique / other experience), what is your poster presentation topic, what aspects you plan to present and how it relates to the conference theme. All submissions will be reviewed by a selection board for possible inclusion in the conference poster session.
- Prepare one online poster (in PDF) or any other brief visual presentation about their pedagogical/research work, which will be posted on the Conference website.
- Present their ideas and proposal in an open online session to other Conference participants of in about 10 minutes on 23 September 2020, followed by another 10 minutes of discussion and Q&A.
- Submit a high-quality photo of their poster work and a final write-up of their presentation for publication (two pages) by 18 October 2020 for publication in the Conference proceedings.
In case of questions, please, contact the leader of the session, Dr. Claudio A. Rivera, from Riga Business School – firstname.lastname@example.org
- A clear statement on ‘What is this poster about?’
- An outline of the related topics or elements
- A recommendation where and how the proposal object can be used in teaching/management education
- Your name, affiliation and contact
Please note that many tips and tricks on preparing a poster presentation are on the internet.
Conditions of participation:
Poster session is included as part of the 28th CEEMAN Annual Conference.
The cost of participation in the poster session only (without attending the conference) is EUR 100. You can attend the whole conference (3 days) for EUR 280 individual ticket (additional participants from the same institution EUR 70).
All poster session presenters will receive video recording of the poster session, certificates of participation, and contributions published in the Conference proceedings.
CEEMAN is an international management development association established in 1993 with the aim of accelerating the growth in quality of management development in central and eastern Europe. Now it is a global network of management development institutions interested in quality of education and innovations in this field, as well as in the broad area of subjects related to change, with 200 members from 50 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.