Hours: Part-time internship (20 hours per week), begins early January ends late May. Flexible hours.
Compensation: $500 monthly stipend OR school credit
Required Education: Currently working towards undergraduate or graduate degree in event planning, communications, web design, international development/affairs, business, non-profit management, other relevant field
Categories: Event Planning, digital marketing, digital communications, Web Design, project management, Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Marketing
Contact: Nicole Zefran at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Global Business School Network’s internship program is an integral part of the organization. Interns are actively involved in all areas of the organization and play a vital role in day-to-day operations. GBSN seeks interns who are well-organized team players with a commitment to and interest in international development, non-profits, event planning and/or communications. Interning with GBSN is a great way to gain real world experience that prepares you for a career in non-profit management, international development, communications, business, or many other avenues.
The Communications Intern will work closely with GBSN’s staff on event planning and promotion for the 2022 GBSN Beyond Annual Conference and other special network events. This will include maintaining a web presence, working on designing marketing and conference materials, coordinating event logistics and researching promotional opportunities. Additionally, the communications intern will have the opportunity to work on projects involving website development, marketing design and strategic planning, allowing for valuable experience in the field of communications.
Responsibilities (projects will be dependent on organizational needs and intern’s interests and abilities):
- Support GBSN staff
- Write/Edit/Compile articles and other content for GBSN newsletter, blog, website and social media
- Assist with media outreach
- Assist with logistics and outreach for the 2022 GBSN Beyond Annual Conference and other events
- Assist with maintenance of the website’s event calendar, blog, opportunities board, and online community
- Assist with the development, maintenance and management of the GBSN member online portal
- Assist with the design and development of organization publications
- Design and update marketing materials
- Support communications with member schools
- Media Tracking
- Assist with the development of marketing strategy for GBSN activities
- Assist with maintenance of Member Portal
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material utilized throughout the internship
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties
- Office experience and fluency in English required
- Maturity to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strict attention to detail and ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Ability to explore new technologies and quickly acquire new tech skills
- General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual communications
- Proficiency with Mac OS, Photoshop, InDesign, and AMS, email marketing, social media communications preferred
- Experience with graphic design, data analysis, digital communications, video editing and/or html is a plus
To increase the student’s knowledge and abilities in nonprofit public relations, event planning, marketing, web development and outreach.
GBSN offers a comfortable, creative work environment that welcomes innovation, diversity and inclusion.
Email Nicole Zefran at email@example.com
- Cover letter that indicates how you learned of the internship and details your interest and qualifications (PDF)
- Resume (PDF) please include links to your digital profiles (LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Brief Writing Sample (no more than two pages – IN PDF format)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. GBSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.