Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
Greenhill, Accra, Ghana
Phone: +233 33 209 5432
Accra is the capital of Ghana, on the Atlantic coast of West Africa. Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park honors Ghana’s first president, who helped lead the country to independence. The park contains Nkrumah’s mausoleum and a museum charting his life. Makola Market is the city’s vast, colorful bazaar. Popular seafront spots Labadi Beach and Kokrobite Beach offer golden sand and high-energy nightlife.
The dress code is business casual for the conference. The gala dinner is business professional, cocktail attire. The average daytime temperature in Accra is about 87°F, whereas the average minimum temperatures could drop down to 77°F. Accra has a tropical savanna climate with dry winters. The area within 25 miles of this station is covered by oceans and seas (68%), croplands (19%), and marshes (11%).
GIMPA, Accra, Ghana is next to Ayido and is located in Greater Accra, Ghana. The campus is 8.6 kilometers from the Kotoka International Airport; a 15 mins drive via Airport by-pass road.
Taxis are plentiful, and are undoubtedly the best bet for people new to Accra. Most rides will cost around GH¢7-10, but can be between GH¢5 and GH¢15. Some will try it on with GH¢20+ rides which shouldn’t happen for journeys within Accra, but be firm, or just get another taxi. There are plenty - as you will notice from the constant beeping to get your attention.
Most importantly, agree the price beforehand, as drivers don’t use meters.
Who Requires a Visa?
A visa may be obtained from Ghana Embassies/High Commissions, Consulates or other Embassies authorized by the Government of Ghana to issue visas on her behalf.
Emergency Entry Permit valid for 14 days may be obtained where on application has been filed on behalf of the foreign national by other national’s host with the Director of Immigration indicating;
- Personal details including nationality ,place of residence in Ghana;Occupation or business to be followed or undertaken while Ghana;
- Particulars of passport;
- Proposed date of arrival;
- Purpose of visit and duration of stay;
- A statement to the effect that the applicant will not undertake or participate in any activities which might offend the religious beliefs or any section of the community;
- In case of a passenger passing through Ghana ,route to be followed; and
- An undertaken by the applicant to return any pass granted.
- Has had a security furnished by bond, deposit or a letter of guarantee by the person who guarantees the foreign national visit.
The below persons are not required to obtain a visa to enter Ghana:
- Members of ECOWAS countries
- Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
- Egypt– visas to be obtained at the High Commissions before embarkation
- Holders of German ,Iranian and Cuban Diplomatic / service passport (for a period not exceeding three(3) months)
- Persons in direct Airside transit
- Holders of passport of Regional Economic Communities in Africa and the African Economic Community as well as United Nations and its specialised agencies.
- The World Bank
- African Development Bank
To request a visa letter, please email Nicole Zefran at email@example.com.