Management educators today are challenged to develop pedagogies that support students in learning how to manage and lead in rapidly changing business environments. Experiential learning has been touted as an effective way to prepare future business leaders to function in such contexts by enabling them to apply classroom learnings in real-world situations.
On April 4-5, 2019 over 70 leaders in business education and industry convened at the S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research campus to participate in a two-day workshop to explore best practices in experiential learning.
Sponsored by Capsim Management Solutions Inc. and STRATX Simulations, the summit offered content sessions, panel discussions and hands-on guided workshop activities led by the GBSN Experiential Learning Steering Committee and S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research.
Participants left the summit with something to implement. A follow-up session with a member from the GBSN Experiential Learning Committee will occur participants 60 days after the summit concludes. The follow-up sessions will provide participants with an opportunity to talk to an expert about their program with a deeper focus on their context.
Who Should Attend?
The summit will convene business school directors and faculty from across the globe with a shared interest in experiential learning to:
- Discover innovative approaches to applying action based learning curricula with an emphasis on the Asian context
- Explore opportunities to increase multi-sector engagement in management education within the region
- Engage with international peers to share experiences, best practices, and lessons learned
- Develop ideas for adapting others’ innovations to enhance existing programs
- Design an experiential learning program that can be applied to your management education curricula
S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research Mumbai
Munshi Nagar | Dadabhai Road,
Andheri West | Mumbai – 400 058, India
Join the Mailing List
Join the mailing list for more information on registration, agenda and speaker lineup.