CABS is proud to publish their Taskforce report on ‘Business Schools and the Public Good’. Join us for the launch event on 14 June.
The Taskforce was set up to consider how business schools understand and deliver ‘public good’, and sought to:
- Map approaches to public good in UK business schools.
- Suggest ways to develop and support the spread of promising practices.
- Expand the public narrative on the purpose of business schools.
The Taskforce reviewed how business schools deliver public good through teaching, research, internal operations, and the ways in which they engage with the world around them. The final report of the Taskforce presents 20 case studies of promising practices from a diverse range of Chartered ABS member schools, and makes recommendations as to how business schools, together with students, policymakers and industry can can go further in delivering public good across society.
The launch event will discuss the contribution business schools make to public good, including the examples highlighted by the taskforce report, and hear perspectives from business schools and external stakeholders on what more business schools can do.
Registration is required for the event.
- Tom Levitt, Author and Co-Chair of Taskforce for business schools and the public good
- Professor Martin Kitchener, Cardiff Business School and Co-Chair of Taskforce for business schools and the public good
- Lisa McIlvenna, Deputy Managing Director, Business in the Community, Northern Ireland
- Professor Hongwei He, School Director for Social Responsibility, Alliance Manchester Business School
- An additional panellist will be announced in due course
Date & Time
Monday, June 14th, 2021
- 8:00am Washington D.C.
- 1:00pm United Kingdom
- 2:00pm Geneva
- 2:00pm Cape Town
- 5:30pm Mumbai
- 8:00pm Singapore