Date & Time
March 16-18, 2022 I Online
8:00 AM SAST
About the Conference
What is Responsible Leadership?
Responsible leadership is a leadership approach that addresses responsibilities and accountabilities of business leaders. It is driven by purpose and positive social impact. To reach a complete understanding of responsible leadership, its importance and how it can be implemented to benefit society, we need to establish a number of things. These include:
- How do we make sense of the concept of responsible leadership globally as well as in the African context?
- What are the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic for the responsible leadership discourse?
- What is the relationship between responsible leadership and social innovation?
- How can organisations develop and nurture responsible leaders internally?
- How can we establish a dialogue between sectors, co-create best practices and shape pathways and actions towards responsible leadership?
Why We Need This Conference
The Responsible Leadership Reimagined Conference is an event that seeks to address important questions about responsible leadership, and encourage further research and to advance the discussion on responsible leadership in Africa. This will enable us to move towards a common understanding of what responsible leadership is and what it can achieve on the continent.
How You Can Help Us
The submission date for papers closed on 30 November 2021.
More About the Conference
The Responsible Leadership Reimagined Conference will be hosted by the Centre for Responsible Leadership Studies (University of Stellenbosch Business School), in collaboration with the Allan Gray Centre for Values-based Leadership (University of Cape Town), the Albert Luthuli Leadership Institute (University of Pretoria) and the Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative.