Delivering Regional Instruction Vital to Entrepreneurial Success (DRIVES) Program
Partners: USAID, Pyxera Global, IPM Business School
Entrepreneurship has the potential to generate catalytic change toward greater, scalable growth and development of the Belarusian economy. Multiple factors contribute to the sluggish development of entrepreneurship, and private business in Belarus generally. Government policies constrain the development of the domestic private sector; relatively high tax burdens still prevail; and channels and methods to access finance are few and difficult to navigate. The success of macro-level policy reforms will be contingent on improvement in the quality and accessibility of business education available to current and future entrepreneurs.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) DRIVES Belarus program engages a consortium of international and local implementers to increase access to quality, locally relevant business education for entrepreneurs throughout Belarus. DRIVES will establish a network of six Centers of Excellence in Entrepreneurship (CEE) in Minsk, Brest, Grodno, Vitebsk, Mogilev, and Gomel equipped with state-of-the-art technology, trained personnel and access to courses taught by experienced business school faculty.
The DRIVES program aims to increase access to and the quality of business education throughout Belarus by building the capacity of institutions to provide relevant and target entrepreneurial courses, providing geographically dispersed and financially accessible educational opportunities to entrepreneurs in the regions outside of Minsk and by creating networking and mentoring opportunities for young entrepreneurs.
To accomplish this goal, DRIVES has organized several activities throughout Belarus including:
- Training faculty members at IPM Business School in new instructional design
- Developing new relevant business courses
- Building Centers of Entrepreneurial Excellence in Brest, Gomel, Grondo, Mogilev and Vitebsk
- Converting traditional courses to blended and distance learning models with the use of modern video conference solutions
- Hosting monthly networking opportunities throughout the country for young entrepreneurs
- Organizing annual Start-Up competitions