GBSN members are top business schools from around the world committed to delivering high quality education, sharing best practices, and working together to strengthen business education for the developing world. GBSN’s members demonstrate leadership and innovation in their respective markets, as well as a dedication to GBSN’s mission.
Membership is selective and is on an institutional basis only. Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis by an Academic Advisory Board of GBSN member school representatives who look for business schools that demonstrate excellence, innovation, internationalization and a willingness to engage in GBSN’s mission and activities.
GBSN member schools must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership in their region and a commitment to GBSN’s mission.
Business schools that offer fully-branded degrees are invited to apply for membership. Satellite campuses are included as members when their parent institution joins and will not be considered for individual membership.
Applications are reviewed by our Academic Advisory Board on a quarterly basis and their decision is based on the following criteria:
- Experience in developing countries
- Commitment to engaging in GBSN activities, programs and events
- Areas of specialization (e.g., executive education, MBA, entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Type of accreditation
- Membership in regional associations
- Faculty profile
- Strength in local market/regional context
- Applicants are encouraged to secure an endorsement by one or more current GBSN Members
Benefits of Membership
GBSN Membership brings worldwide visibility, international exposure, and a proven collaborative framework to its member institutions. As a member of GBSN, faculty, deans and staff at leading business schools have the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded peers around the world and make a difference in the quality of management education for the developing world.
- Build institutional and professional partnerships around the world
- Attend the annual Member’s Meeting
- Engage in capacity building programs in the developing world
- Qualify for the discounted rate to the Annual Conference and Summits
- Access international advisors and peers through ExpertLink
- Expand networking and leadership opportunities through GBSN-led conferences, events, webinars
- Network at private members only events at international conferences throughout the year
- Speak on a GBSN-led panel at top business education conferences and other gatherings
- Participate in GBSN capacity building programs
- Access curated information and resources on management education and its intersection with international development
- Enhance campus internationalization
- Increase school’s social responsibility profile
Executive Board membership is a commitment to serving as a leader in the network and helping to shape how GBSN achieves our mission.
Executive Board Member Schools: $10,000 USD/ from the Developing World: $5,000 USD
Member Schools have access to all GBSN-related activities and opportunities, including Expert Link, the annual meeting and year-round support from staff in the DC office.
Member Schools: $5,000 USD/in the Developing World:$2,500 USD
How to Apply
Application is through an online form. Please look over the list of information required below, as you will not be able to save your work once you begin the application.
Applications must include a letter of support from the Chief Executive, Dean or Director of the business school addressing the membership criteria and how your school will engage with GBSN members and our mission. Letters should be addressed to GBSN’s CEO, Mr. Guy Pfeffermann and emailed to email@example.com. Applications will not be considered complete until the letter of support is provided.
GBSN’s Academic Advisory Board reviews each institution’s individual attributes and extends membership to the network based on a school’s quality and relevance to the mission of GBSN. Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis.
For the date of the next review please contact Nicole Zefran at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +1.202.628.9040.
I have had amazing interactions with thought leaders from industry, academia and government and non profit sectors.
– Anjali Sastry, MIT Sloan School of Business (GBSN Executive level Member School)