Universal Business School
Universal Business School is the first green business school in India which is endorsed by 60 Global CEOs. Founded by CEOs of billion-dollar global businesses, Universal Business School is a truly global business school dedicated to International education and business, relevant to the global economy, industry, and society. UBS offers national (AICTE approved, Accredited by NBA & AIU) and internationally accredited BBA, MBA & MSc Programs in collaboration with Cardiff Metropolitan University (Wales, UK), University of Economics (Varna, Bulgaria), Swiss School of Management (Italy), Northeastern Illinois University (Chicago, USA), University of Dallas (Texas, USA) and Lincoln University (California, USA). Universal Business School follows the unique 3E (Ethics, Experiential learning and Environment) model in imparting world class education. UBS is committed to creating responsible business professionals by promoting the ideology of ethical business and environmental sustenance.
Current and Pending Accreditation(s):
National Board of Accreditation (NBA) India, Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Professor Eleora Basumatary, Director MBA, Cardiff Metropolitan University; Professor Vijay Tandon, Director PGDM and International Programs
Ways the institution will support the GBSN mission to improve access to quality management and entrepreneurship education for the developing world:
UBS follows the experiential learning pedagogy where practical and academic knowledge are given equal weightage. For this purpose, we have developed many experiential learning techniques / toolkits to give our students an immersive learning platform for high level skill development. We are open to support the GBSN mission by sharing these techniques/toolkits with member institutes for imparting impactful management education. We are open to share our knowledge and experience to help transform the lives of students of member institutions. We would welcome any discussion to explore new opportunities with other network members.
Institutional Contributions to the Network Platform in the First Year:
To start the process of engagement with the GBSN community, we will actively participate during the Cross-Border Coffee Breaks, by attending the GBSN Annual Conference and our own “digital” fireside chats. Also, we are looking forward to collaborating on projects with partners that build on and complement our areas of expertise.
Institutional Engagement with Fellow GBSN Member Institutions:
We envision several areas of potential of joint interest with GBSN members, including:
- Development of collaborative research projects focussing on topics such as innovation, social entrepreneurship and sustainable development.
- Welcoming research paper submissions from all member institutes for presentation during our annual UBS International Research conference.
- Offering member institutions, a platform for international case study publication via our in-house case study research centre.
- Hosting of short-term mobility programs for students of member institutions to experience immersive learning delivered through our experiential learning model. We are open to faculty exchange program to drive cross-pollination of best practices.
“We aim to act as catalysts by encouraging our students to imbibe corporate governance, values and sensitise them towards environmental sustainability and CSR. We are open to collaborate and share best practices with the GBSN Member Network to develop more such innovative modules to address this common challenge of the business world. “
The biggest challenge facing management in your community and how the institution addresses this challenge:
The biggest challenge we see in our business ecosystem is lack of ethical leadership and lack of sensitivity towards environmental concerns. We believe as a business school, we have a special role in creating ethical and responsible leaders of tomorrow. To this effect, we have crafted our vision to establish a business school which provides Indian and International organisations with talent, which is sensitive to corporate governance, community services and environmental concerns. In our endeavours to realize this vision we have developed specific modules which are in- built in our core academic curriculum. For instance:
- Management of Self
- Wisdom towards self-excellence
- Leadership Development Program (LDP)
- SMART (Societal Causes Management Aptitude and Responsibility Temperament) Project
- Green Thinking (Green Finance, Green Marketing, Green Operations & supply Chain, Green HR) supporting the UN SDG’s
Program Highlight: Global MBA Program
USB offers an innovative one-year Global MBA program for aspirants with minimum two years of work experience. The ten unique value propositions offered through this program designed in collaboration with Cardiff Metropolitan University Wales, UK:
- One Global MBA Degree
- Spread over two continents (Asia and Europe)
- Study on three business school campuses (USB, IIM Indore and Cardiff Metropolitan University)
- Four specializations
- Five-dimensional transformation (innovation, wisdom towards self-excellence, entrepreneurship, ethics, and environment)
- Unique consultative placement approach by 6-member strong team
- Seven experiential learning modules
- Eight new age sub-specialization
- Nine skills bestowed in budding professional (problem solving, working within teams, data analysis interpretation, oral communication and presentation, negotiating globally, cross cultural awareness, coachability and reflection, conflict resolution, quantitative tasks)
- Program delivery by ten senior industry leaders
For more information about the program, click here.
GBSN promotes the expertise and interests of our members by providing a platform to communicate news and open opportunities to global audiences and share how they are innovating in management education to the benefit of their colleagues around the world. The New Member Spotlight series serves as a way for new member schools to introduce themselves to the network.