The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business’ Emerging Markets Institute invites your students to participate in our 5th Annual Emerging Markets Case Competition, October 4th -11th with the final round on November 5th.
This year, participants in the 5th Annual Emerging Markets Case Competition come from business & policy schools in the United States and around the globe. The growing role of Emerging Multinationals in the business world continues to evolve and this case competition seeks to challenge students to come up with win-win solutions for expanding stakeholders. The goal of the case competition is to identify and answer questions that real businesses and managers are posing today in relation to Emerging Markets.
Where: The conference this year will be hybrid, teams can choose to attend in person at Roosevelt Island, New York City – Cornell Tech Campus or virtually.
Theme: Emerging Markets Multinationals: Building the Future on ESG Excellence
Format: Up to 3 teams per school comprised of 3 to 5 students will have one-week in early October to create and submit their case solution and presentation via a PowerPoint deck. Four final teams will present during the 11th Annual Emerging Markets Institute Conference on November 5, 2021. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams.
Information: The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business’ Emerging Markets Institute is launching our 11th Emerging Markets Conference at the Cornell Tech Campus on Roosevelt Island, New York City, NY on November 5th, 2021. Under the theme ‘Emerging Markets Multinationals: Building the Future on ESG Excellence,’ we will explore the impact of Environmental Social Governance (ESG) on global trade and emerging multinationals.
This year, the conference will hold its 5th Annual Emerging Markets Case Competition. The case competition committee invites your school to participate to gain the following benefits:
- Meeting high-profile representatives from industry and academia.
- Networking with conference participants and business executives.
- Exposure to conference and case competition sponsors.
- Free admission to the conference (for finalists).
- Cash prizes for the top three teams.
- Registration of the teams by October 1st – 11:59 PM EST at the EMI Conference website – there are no registration fees for participants
- To register, please use the conference registration button and in the drop down indicate registration for the case competition. You will then be directed to add in your team’s name. Each member of the team must register separately.
- Each school sends up to three representative team of 3 to 5 students (it is recommended, but not required that at least one student per team is enrolled in an MBA program)
- If more than 3 teams are registered the school will be contacted and responsible for providing the final three teams for official registration.
- All teams once registered will receive the case by October 4th and must submit their team’s response by 11:59 PM EST on October 11th
- Please see our attached rules and regulations for more guidance if needed.
- Announcement of finalists will be made by October 18th
- Final presentations either in person or virtually will occur on November 5th
For any questions or clarifications, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing back from you!