Start Date: May 2023
End Date: March 2024
Registration Deadline: 31st March, 2023
What is Global Citizenship?
Global Citizenship is an orientation of care and concern for the world that includes other humans (with whom we may or may not have anything in common) as well as other beings and the planet. It implies a commitment to action, as well as to peace, social justice and sustainability.
About the Global Citizenship Program:
The Global Citizenship Program is a university certificate program that invites students to cultivate an ethical stance, a critical way of thinking, and a committed mode of intervening in a world populated by others with whom we must co-create a viable future.
It emphasizes collaboration across disciplines, professions, and the human variety of cultural, political and other experiences. We welcome students from any school or major.
Whether you plan to be an engineer or an artist, head into the start-up world or go on to med school, we believe that a global citizenship orientation can critically inform both your personal life and professional practice. As a group, we will dive into the biggest questions humanity is grappling with:
How do we live with others, respecting difference without abandoning our beliefs or forcing others to assimilate to us? How do we find peaceful ways to disagree? How do we protect our planet and its non-human residents both now and for the future?
Objectives of the Program:
- Offers a big picture focus around both philosophy and practice
- Provides a frame and forum in which to make sense of your many experiences at Lehigh
- Mixes coursework, experiential elements, less traditional projects and varied modes of practice
- Includes a unique cohort experience
- Culminates with two non-traditional capstone courses that link self, other, practice and leadership
- Balances a critical lens with hope, seeking out positive examples of everyday and exemplary global citizenship practice
- Introduction to Global Citizenship
- Getting Curious: Beginning to Question
- Co-Creating Governance: Active Citizens
- Blurring Boundaries: Citizens of the World
- Practising SDGs for a Better Tomorrow
- Embedding Global Cultural Sensitivity
- Discovering Myself: The Identity
- Collaborating with Others: The Dialogue
- Global Citizenship Capstone – 1
- Global Citizenship Capstone – 2
- Program Duration: 12 Months
- Credits: 7 credits
- GPA Requirement for Eligibility: 3.0/4.0
- Maximum Cohort Size: 180
- Program Fee: USD 499 (exclusive of taxes) – This includes Tuition Fee of the Program, International Immersion Fee- Hyderabad (2 weeks- Optional, including food and accommodation at campus for the immersion weeks)
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Mode of instruction: Hybrid
- The program is open for all domestic/international students (Bachelor/Master)
- The program is applicable to students of all streams
- Upon successful registration, payment link will be shared in due course of time.
Upon completion of the course, students will get a Certificate of Completion by Woxsen University with 7 credits plus Global Citizen Passport
About Woxsen University
Woxsen University’s unique traits rest on the bedrock of innovative learning. Woxsen University is the flag-bearer of the First Private Universities in the young state of Telangana that is always bursting with energy and ideas.
A pioneer in bringing new-age programs in various fields, Woxsen creates robust platforms for learners to power through change and embrace disruptive technology. Whether in Management, Technology, Design, Architecture, Liberal Arts or Law, Woxsen is leading a new paradigm in education with adaptability and resilience.
Woxsen comprises of 6 constituent schools offering Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Ph.D. programs, pivoted around research and experiential learning.