Hours: Part-time internship (approximately 20 hours per week) begins early January ends late May. Flexible hours.
Compensation: $500 monthly stipend OR school credit
Required Education: Currently working towards undergraduate or graduate degree in international development/affairs, business, higher education, other relevant field
Categories: Project Management, Research & Surveys, Data Analytics, Reporting and Relationship Building, Marketing, Association management
Contact: Nicole Zefran at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Global Business School Network’s internship program is an integral part of the organization. Interns are actively involved in all areas of the organization and play a vital role in day-to-day operations. GBSN seeks interns who are well-organized team players with a commitment to and interest in international development, higher education, capacity building. Interning with GBSN is a great way to gain real world experience that prepares you for a career in non-profit management, international development, communications, business, or many other avenues.
The Network Engagement Intern will work closely with GBSN’s staff in providing support for Members’ projects and assist in Member engagement, management, communications and recruitment.
Responsibilities (projects will be dependent on organizational needs and intern’s interests and abilities):
Member Portal Support:
- Assist in the maintenance of GBSN’s Association Management platform including data cleanup, member data, contacts, and settings
- Ensure that all of GBSN’s Member contacts and bio info are as accurate as possible in the platform
- Provide support to GBSN’s staff in keeping member-related information and activity up to date
- Assist in generating insightful AMS engagement and performance analytics reports
Member & Network Engagement Support:
- Provide administrative and logistical support for GBSN Members projects and engagement initiatives
- Help research topics and speakers for GBSN’s conference and webinars
- Assist in tracking Network and Membership engagement
- Assist in tracking membership recruitment efforts
- Support the execution of GBSN webinars
- Help keep GBSN’ website/blog/ opportunities board up to date on external events, opportunities and member updates
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material utilized throughout the internship
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties
- Office experience and fluency in English required
- Maturity to take initiative and work independently in both an virtual and in-person work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strict attention to detail and ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Ability to explore new technologies and quickly acquire new tech skills
- Strong interest in higher education, international development, relationship building, research and project management
- Experience with developing & emerging world contexts
- Proficiency with Mac OS, Salesforce, WordPress and Adobe InDesign preferred
- Authorization to work in the US
To increase the student’s knowledge and abilities in nonprofit international development, higher education administration and program management. GBSN offers a comfortable, creative work environment that welcomes diversity, innovation and inclusion.
How to Apply:
Email Nicole Zefran at email@example.com
- Cover letter that indicates how you learned of the internship and details your interest and qualifications
- Brief Writing Sample (no more than two pages)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. GBSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.