The Office of Entrepreneurship and Commercialization (OEC) under the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research at Penn State is seeking a qualified Part-Time Lecturer to provide course development and online delivery of two NSF I-Corps Virtual Short Courses to take place Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. This appointment will be a part-time, non-tenure track appointment without benefits and with no guarantee of renewal.
The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial background and prior teaching experience; expertise with virtual delivery of teaching materials highly preferred.
While it will be the responsibility of the Part-Time Lecturer to build the Virtual Short Courses to be delivered, familiarity with the following topics is highly preferred, as terms of our agreement with the National Science Foundation dictate certain topics should be covered in the Virtual Short Courses:
- Lean Startup concepts including Customer Discovery principles, identifying Customer Segments, and writing effective Value Propositions
- How to conduct effective Customer Discovery Interviews (virtual as well as in-person)
- Understanding the importance of Product Market Fit
- Understanding the tech transfer process at Penn State
- Applying for the NSF I-Corps National Teams Program
- Applying for SBIR/STTR funding
The Part-Time Lecturer will work closely with the OEC Director, OEC Associate Director, and OEC Program Manager to produce and virtually deliver two 4-5 week Virtual Short Courses. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing the curriculum for the Virtual Short Courses
- Assisting in recruiting Teams for the Virtual Short Courses
- Teaching the Virtual Short Courses
- Holding virtual “Office Hours” during the Virtual Short Courses to support effective Team learning
Contact: Talent Acquisition, Penn State
Online App. Form: http://apptrkr.com/h_5f7cb6f9f0d84f06930e0dbaa2f18cb5