As part of the annual #WorldCaseTeachingDay celebrations, The Case Centre announces a scholarship programme for new case teachers.
Five case teaching scholarships will be offered each year to support the development of new case teachers.
Richard McCracken, Director of The Case Centre, said: “Supporting case teachers and writers is a critical element of our mission, and I am delighted to extend our scholarship programme* with this exciting support for new case teachers.”
“The case method has long been acknowledged as a powerful teaching tool but getting started can be daunting. Our case teaching scholarships are designed to support and inspire new case teachers through their journey, by providing a comprehensive range of training, mentoring and resources.”
Applications for the 2021 case teaching scholarships open on 5 February and close on 2 July.
*The Case Centre has offered a case writing scholarship programme since 1998.
The Case Centre is the independent home of the case method and is dedicated to advancing the case method worldwide, sharing knowledge, wisdom and experience to inspire and transform business education across the globe. It is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity.
Apply at www.thecasecentre.org/CTscholarships
Faculty or PhD students with teaching responsibilities that are new to case teaching are welcome to apply.
Applicants must have been teaching with cases for no more than 18 months, or be planning to start using cases in their teaching during the next calendar year.
You can be from any organisation worldwide and people of all ages who are new to case teaching are eligible.
- A free place on one of our online expert-led case teaching workshops – an invaluable opportunity to benefit from the knowledge and experience of an internationally respected case teacher, and share experiences and insights with fellow teachers on the course.*
- A review of one of your case teaching sessions by a workshop tutor from The Case Centre. You’ll submit a recording of your case teaching session (no more than 90 minutes in length) and feedback will be provided by one of The Case Centre’s workshop tutors via Zoom or a similar platform. The review must be completed within one year of being awarded the scholarship, and we advise that it is after you have attended our case teaching workshop.
- The opportunity to attend an exclusive online session with an expert case teacher, who will provide insight into their case teaching experience and host a Q&A for scholarship recipients.
- Provision of a curated selection of case teaching articles from leading case institutions.
- Free digital copy of the book Teaching & Writing Cases: A Practical Guide by John Heath.
On completion of your scholarship, you will receive a certificate from The Case Centre in recognition of your achievement.
For more information please contact: Antoinette Mills, +44 (0)7974397288, firstname.lastname@example.org
Every day, in thousands of business schools around the globe, classrooms come alive as fundamental beliefs and assertions are challenged, and students learn to think differently and more effectively through the case method.
#WorldCaseTeachingDay takes place annually at the beginning of February, and celebrates the contribution that this powerful pedagogical tool makes to the lives and careers of students and educators worldwide.
Important Deadlines and Dates
- February 5th, 2021: Applications open
- July 2nd, 2021: Applications close
- July 22nd, 2021: Applications notified of decision about their scholarship
- September 2021: Exclusive online session with an expert case teacher
- July 21st, 2022: Deadline for case teaching review to be completed
About The Case Centre
The Case Centre is the independent home of the case method. We are dedicated to advancing the case method worldwide, sharing knowledge, wisdom and experience to inspire and transform business education across the globe. We are a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity.
- distribute the world’s largest collection of management case studies, articles and books
- provide training in case method teaching, writing and learning led by globally renowned experts
- run international case competitions and awards: the case method ‘Oscars’
- offer scholarships to unpublished case writers and new case teachers
- publish books and articles by eminent case method specialists
- offer authors an efficient worldwide case publishing and distribution service.
We are a membership organisation and our growing case method community of over 500 member organisations worldwide is at the heart of everything we do.