Stanford University Global LLC is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Seed Business Transformation Advisor for South Asia. The Business Transformation Advisor will be remotely based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, or other major cities in India and South Asia.
Building on Stanford’s decades-long history of educating innovators in Silicon Valley, Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies (Stanford Seed) brings this innovative mindset and practical business training to entrepreneurs in Africa and India.
The 12-month-long Seed Transformation Program (STP) curriculum is customized for founders and senior leaders of high-potential small and medium-sized companies in developing economies who have the potential to, and are committed to, growing and scaling their businesses.
During four curriculum cycles, leaders/founders will be exposed to, and deploy, tools and methodologies to help grow and transform their businesses.
In seeking transformative growth of businesses, traditional and virtual classroom learning is not enough. That is why the STP program is built to be highly interactive and to allow leaders to both discover and apply the tools and methodologies that will help them transform their businesses.
As part of each learning cycle, leaders/founders will share their learning with their management teams through Stanford Seed facilitated workshops. Leaders and their teams will also work on projects designed to plan for the growth and scale of their companies. By the end of the curriculum, each leader/founder will complete a Transformation Capstone: a plan for the growth and scale of the leader’s business.
- Translate the intensive curriculum of value chain operations, accounting, strategy/ organizational design, finance, marketing, governance, and other related fields delivered during the Stanford Transformation program (STP) into practical insight for leaders and management teams of small to mid-sized companies in South Asia.
- Lead Stanford designed innovative workshops and integrated curriculum related to growth and scale on-site and virtually with STP participant leaders and their team members
- Organize and facilitate frequent Seed leader network meetings, approximately seven business leaders.
- Collaborate with Stanford Seed to maximize the impact of meetings over time and help assess program efficacy.
- Monitor productivity and progress of STP participants and evaluate performance.
- Provide strategic and pragmatic advising related to assigned projects (curriculum-based) that business leaders and their teams complete and that build to a holistic plan for growth and scale of their business.
- Advise clients and provide feedback on projects to assigned company leaders.
- Manage relationship development with company leader participants.
- Utilize a toolbox developed by Stanford faculty and Seed coaches, inspire and motivate company owners and leaders to develop a plan to transform their companies to the next level of success.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree in management, business administration, economics, statistics, or related field at an accredited university required.
- Master’s degree in business, organizational design, leadership, or project management at an accredited university strongly preferred.
- Seven or more years of relevant business management experience in a small to mid-sized company, or within a division of a large company, preferably in South Asia.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- An advanced level of fluent English skills both oral and written, including active listening and interpersonal skills needed to work with a broad range of individuals.
- Must be passionate about transforming small to mid-sized companies in South Asia.
- Ability to inspire others to act boldly to succeed in their chosen business or industry.
- Must have strong facilitation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Indian culture, history, and business etiquette.
- Ability to remain effective under extreme pressure with multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to influence and motivate communities across multiple organizational boundaries.
- Highly collaborative style that encourages others to work in partnership with staff, company leaders, and their teams.
About the Employer
Stanford University is one of Silicon Valley’s largest and unique employers. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging place to work. At the same time, our traditions of respect and collaboration sustain a humane, supportive environment in which to pursue your life and your career. Our full-time employees also enjoy a very competitive benefits package. Please visit: benefits.stanford.edu