Poverty and Prosperity: Implications for Advancing the SDGs and Responsible Management Education in a Post-Pandemic World
International Business School at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
Suzhou, China; 19th – 22nd October 2021
China’s achievement in eradicating extreme poverty is a huge contribution to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the plan of action for a better and more prosperous world. Poverty and prosperity in a post-pandemic world will still be a topic requiring further
contributions through leveraging various stakeholders’ engagement and wisdoms. We are pleased to invite the members of the global PRME community to join us the 8th RME Research Conference in the beautiful city Suzhou, one of the first group of “Cultural and Historic Cities” of China as well as one of the most economic-developed regions of China.
We invite contributions from a wide range of disciplinary traditions that explore responsible management issues from both conceptual and practical perspectives, and we encourage contributions, which are multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary in nature. We welcome contributions that can be of a conceptual, qualitative or quantitative nature.
Contributions to the conference, i.e. to its streams, can be submitted in the form of abstracts (up to 200 words), extended abstracts (up to 1,000 words), working papers (research-in progress)(up to 2,500 words) or full papers (up to 6,000 words, excluding references).
The conference will feature an AMLE Paper Development Workshop (PDW). This PDW provides a space for members of the RME community to receive feedback on their research in-progress pieces and to further develop them for possible submission to AMLE or other relevant outlets. PDW places will be limited and competitive; those submitting working papers who wish to be considered for inclusion in the PDW should indicate this during the submission process.
The submissions window opens on 7th May 2021.The link will be available on the conference website on this date. To be accepted, contributions must be submitted only through this website. All submissions must be in English.Each accepted contribution must be accompanied by at least one full conference registration at the speaker rate.The submission deadline is 31st May 2021.
Track Options for Contributions
- A Plenary Coalition Building Roundtable
- Research and Teaching for Poverty Alleviation
- One Belt – One Road (OBOR) Initiative in a Post-Pandemic World: Implications for Responsible Management Education
- Circular Business Models as Enabler for Prosperity
- Fostering Responsible Management throughout International Supply Chains in a Post-Pandemic World
- Poverty Eradication and Prosperity through Sustainability-oriented Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Activities Within the Context of Poverty Reduction
- Utopica or lofty ambition: Why and how responsible entrepreneurs choose to terminate their entrepreneurial career
- Gender Inequality and Poverty
- Prosperity by Global Partnership
- Value Driven Leadership after Pandemic
For details about each track contribution and contact information for track proponents/co-chairs, click the button below to access downloadable PDF.
Conference Dates and Venue
- October 19, 2021: Arrival and informal get-together in the evening
- October 20 and 21, 2021: Conference
- October 22, 2021: Topic-related field trip (optional)
International Business School at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Dushu Lake Science & Innovation District, Suzhou, China
Important Dates and Deadlines
- May 7, 2021: Submission window opens
- May 31, 2021: Deadline for contributions submission
- July 9, 2021: Notification of accepted contributions
- September 5, 2021: Deadline for early-bird registration
- October 10, 2021: Deadline for regular registration
For more information on the conference, click on the button below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org: