Academy of Medicine, Colombia
Dr. Carrasquilla is the current Vice President of the National Academy of Medicine and was member of the National Council in Social Security in Health until 2009. He has been member of the National Council of Health for Colciencias, Advisory Board of the National Institute of Health. Temporary consultant of WHO, PAHO, CIID/IDRC, OAS, Rockefeller Foundation, European Union, Andean Organization of Health at international level and for the Ministry of Health, National Planning Department, and other governmental organizations in Colombia. He is and has been principal investigator in several projects funded by national and international organizations and has more than 90 publications in Colombian and International peer review journals. Currently he is advisor to Public Health and Research Associate of Fundacion Santa Fe de Bogotá and Founder and Director of ASIESALUD for
- Director Health Division of the FES Foundation (1990-1999)
- Secretary of Health of the State of Valle del Cauca (2000).
- Professor of epidemiology at Universidad del Valle (1986-2010)
- Appointed full professor (1997-Present)
- Professor of MSc of Epidemiology at University of Bosque in Bogotá (2015-2020)
- Director of Center for Health Research – CEIS –Fundacion Santa Fe de Bogotá (2003-2014)
Dr. Carrasquilla obtained his MD degree from Universidad del Valle and MPH from the same institution. Master of Science in Tropical Medicine and Doctor of Public Health from Harvard.
Areas of Research
His areas of research include epidemiology and public health. He is member of the MPAG (Malaria Policy Advisory Group) of WHO and was member of IRC (Independent Review Committee) of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance until the end of 2018.