Frequently Asked Questions
To apply for Developing Deans, please complete the online application. If you would like to see the application questions prior to completing the form, the questions are available for viewing via PDF on the Developing Deans website.
To participate in Developing Deans, you must have the following qualifications:
- Be a Dean/Director or Associate Dean/Associate Director or the equivalent for less than 5 years or have recently transitioned to a new school
- If you are an aspiring Dean/Director, you must be a senior faculty member with aspirations to become a Dean/Director within the next 5 years
- Be employed at a degree-granting business school with operations in a developing country, particularly within Latin America, Middle East and Northern Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa
Yes. The curriculum is designed so that content at each session builds off of each other. Additionally the Applied Leadership Project is incorporated throughout each session.
- The first session provides the foundational framework on the roles and responsibilities of a Dean or Director
- The second session demonstrates how these best practices are applied in a developing country context
- The final session culminates with by understanding how the future of business education impacts your role today. Projects will also be presented at the final session.
Mentors are current or former Deans or Directors from around the globe who have at least 5 years of academic leadership experience as well as an understanding of the issues inherent to operating a school in a developing country. More information on mentoring is available here.
Interested mentors should send a letter of interest and CV to Stephanie Blochinger, GBSN Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest should detail your experience, areas of expertise and why you are interested in mentoring.
GBSN member schools are eligible to receive the lower tuition fee of $4,200 early-bird registration and $5,000 regular registration fee after April 13, 2018. To become a GBSN member, please visit our Membership webpage.