Location: remote work
Hours: Part-time internship (20 hours per week), begins early January ends mid June, flexible hours
Compensation: $500 monthly stipend OR school credit
Required Education: Currently working towards undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, marketing, media production, graphic design, animation
Categories: Audiovisual production, Web Design, Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Marketing
Contact: Nicole Zefran at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Global Business School Network’s internship program is an integral part of the organization. Interns are actively involved in all areas of the organization and play a vital role in day-to-day operations. GBSN seeks interns who are well-organized team players with a commitment to and interest in international development, non-profits, event planning and/or communications. Interning with GBSN is a great way to gain real world experience that prepares you for a career in non-profit management, international development, communications, business, or many other avenues.
The Multimedia Intern will work closely with GBSN’s staff in shaping our online presence by scripting, editing, and producing content in line with our target audience. This role requires video editing and animation competencies, and the ability to transform raw footage into easily digestible content pieces. The role further includes maintaining a web presence, working on designing marketing and conference materials, and maintain social media accounts. Additionally, the multimedia intern may have the opportunity to work on projects involving website development, marketing design and strategic planning, allowing for valuable experience in the field of design and communications.
Responsibilities (projects will be dependent on organizational needs and intern’s interests and abilities):
- Edit and produce audiovisual content to live across all GBSN platforms
- Support the planning, promotion and follow-up for the 2021 GBSN Beyond Annual Conference
- Support the planning and promotion of GBSN Webinars
- Write/Edit/Compile multimedia packages for GBSN newsletter, blog, website and social media channels
- Maintain GBSN’s social media accounts
- Assist with media outreach
- Assist with maintenance of GBSN website and online community
- Assist with the design and update of organization publications
- Assist with development of marketing emails for conferences and events
- Contribute to producing digital analytics reports for overall online performance
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material utilized throughout the internship
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties
- Proficiency with audiovisual design software i.e. Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro essential.
- Experience with animation would be a plus
- Ability to work and be supervised remotely (during self-isolation)
- Office experience and fluency in English required
- Maturity to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strict attention to detail and ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Ability to explore new technologies and quickly acquire new tech skills
- General interest in social media, online communications, graphic design
To increase the student’s knowledge and abilities in nonprofit public relations, event planning, marketing, web development and outreach.
GBSN offers a comfortable, creative work environment that welcomes diversity.
Email Nicole Zefran at email@example.com
- Cover letter that indicates how you learned of the internship and details your interest and qualifications
- Brief portfolio that demonstrates editing capabilities
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. GBSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.