GBSN, sponsored by AACSB International and Stanford Seed and supported by Peaqs and Emlyon, is pleased to present a virtual business plan competition for African undergraduate and graduate students. The competition will challenge student teams to design a viable business plan that addresses a locally-relevant challenge or problem related to sustainable development and Agenda 2063. The focus is to promote and support responsible capitalism for emerging markets and to identify high potential young people for mentorship and investment.
The competition is designed with the following values in mind:
- A commitment to the importance of responsible entrepreneurship and its role in job creation
- An international outlook
- A commitment to ethical business practices
- A strong interest in young people in emerging markets and the role that business can play in creating opportunities that enable them to develop
- A believe that business is a public trust with the obligation to improve and serve society
- A commitment to lifelong learning and continuing education
The kick-off virtual event will feature a line-up of notable speakers, an introduction to the international panel of judges, an introductory training session with Peaqs to understand how to use the platform, and closed with a short networking session for student teams. The first part of the kick-off event will be open to the public. The introductory training session and networking session are available only for student teams.
The full detailed agenda will be published soon.
Registration for the opening kick-off event will open March 1st.
For any questions or concerns, please email Emma Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org.