As the global economy continues to grapple with the impact of COVID-19, business still carries on across borders. In Maryland, five companies have found innovative ways to weather the storm. Now, they’re sharing their learnings with others.
On Friday, June 3rd, join us for Maryland Business Adapts, an event of the Center for Global Business. This event will offer opportunities to hear from esteemed guest speakers, develop a plan to innovate in your workplace, learn from case studies featuring recognized honorees, and network with peers as you tackle today’s business challenges.
The Maryland Business Adapts event will take place on Friday, June 3 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the World Trade Center in Baltimore and offers opportunities to hear from esteemed guest speakers, learn from case studies of the recognized honorees, participate in executive education sessions, and network with Maryland’s international business ecosystem and industry peers. Participants will also be connected to resources and programs to help them compete in the global marketplace.
The event will feature:
Welcome remarks by:
- Mike Gill, Secretary of Commerce, State of Maryland
- Prabhudev Konana, Dean, Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Rebecca L. Bellinger, Executive Director, Center for Global Business, Robert H. Smith School of Business
A Maryland Keynote
- Julius Robinson, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, US & Canada at Marriott International
Recognition Ceremony and Presentation of Honorees
- Hear about how Maryland small businesses have adapted in the global pandemic.
Executive Education Workshops
- Building Resilience Where It Matters Most
Facilitator: Oliver Schlake, Clinical Professor and Entrepreneur,
Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Blockchain and Digitization to Enable Resilient Global Supply Chains Facilitator: Tejwansh Anand, Clinical Professor of Practice and the Academic Director, MS in Information Systems, Robert H. Smith School of Business