Job Title: Health Delegate Sudan (100 %)
Location: Khartoum, Sudan with regular and prolonged travels to Northern and Kordofan States
Application Deadline: 19 February 2023
Position Start Date: 1 May 2023
- The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) has been working with the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS) since 1999, supporting emergency interventions as well as longer-term development projects in different geographical and thematic areas. In 2023, SRC and SRCS are starting a new community-based intervention targeting communities in Northern State. The new project aims to prevent and combat non-communicable diseases (NCD), via awareness campaigns conducted by SRCS volunteers to promote healthy lifestyles and behavior change. For the upcoming project and its ongoing health projects in Kordofan, SRC is looking for Health Delegate (100 %) to be based in Khartoum, Sudan with regular and prolonged travels to Northern and Kordofan States.
- Support SRCS Health Department in its cooperation with international Stakeholders (WHO, INGO, Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement)
- Support SRCS in elaborating its NCD strategy and enhance its capacity in NCD and behaviour change using IFRC toolkits
- Support SRCS Branches in project implementation using PCM approach
- Ensure financial management of the project in line with the SRCS and SRC policies
- Provide technical support to SRCS and the Ministry of Health
- Document and promote beneficial practices, knowledge management and institutional learning
- Support SRC disaster management activities in case of emergencies in-country
- Master’s in Public Health, International Health, Psychology, Education or alike
- Expertise in development cooperation with specialization in community health with a focus on prevention
- Minimum of 5 years of international working experience
- Proven capacities in project and team management including capacity-building and on-the-job training
- International work experience with an INGO, preferably within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Demonstrated skills in financial management
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to finding and proposing solutions to challenges
- Sense of diplomacy, flexibility and sensitivity to cultural differences and willingness to work in a challenging environment
- Experience with interventions in complex and fragile contexts
- Very good command of written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic is an asset
What you can expect
- 12-months-contract with the option of extension, starting from 1st May 2023 or as per agreement.
- Competitive salary, contribution to social insurances, R&R, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation
We look forward to receiving your complete application (motivation letter, CV, diplomas, employment certificates, reference letters), to the attention of Ms Gusuma Luder until 19 February 2023 latest.
- Ms Gusuma Jenny Luder
- Human Resources Manager
- +41 58 400 42 48
Help us create a world of greater humanity!
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is the largest humanitarian organization in Switzerland. We provide a broad range of services for the benefit of particularly vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Switzerland and in about 30 countries around the world. Our national headquarters in Bern and Wabern also support the SRC’s member organizations and institutions and provide the foundations for effective, efficient and sustainable services.