The Asian Institute of Management has available open rank faculty positions in the field of Disaster Risk and Crisis Management.
The Institute is also looking for an Academic Director for the program. Faculty members report to the Associate Dean of the Institute. Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (ESSENTIAL)
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree at the time of appointment from an internationally accredited university in Disaster Risk and Crisis Management, or a closely related discipline, with a publishing track record in International Journals.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE GAINED IN AN INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT (ESSENTIAL)
- Professional experience in crisis and humanitarian emergency management, disaster risk management at the regional and international settings
- International or regional exposure to issues, challenges and trends in disaster and climate risk management, humanitarian assistance and emergency, crisis response and management.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Well-established links with international and regional organizations are an added advantage.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE)
- Local or international business school teaching experience (preferably at AACSB- or EQUIS-accredited schools at postgraduate level is desirable)
- Experience in teaching at the graduate level
- Practices participant-centered learning
- Familiarity with teaching and developing online courses
The faculty is also expected to actively engage in various Program, School, and Institute committees and participate in community service. Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills are also required. Faculty members have the following teaching, research, and citizenship responsibilities.
Applicants must apply online by submitting their 1) letter of interest and 2) a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, including educational background, work and/or consulting experience, and a list of the applicant’s research publications.