About the Company
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
The IFC is looking for a high-performing individual with creative thinking for the role of Knowledge Management Analyst.
The Analyst will support the design and implementation of knowledge flows and knowledge products through an operational content and lessons learned program.
The Knowledge Management Analyst will work as part of a wider team and may also be required to support other unit activities, including meeting facilitation, information management, change management, and learning.
The Knowledge Management Analyst will report to a senior team member of the unit.
Washington, D.C., United States
• Guide operational teams on best practices for identifying, categorizing, and managing content (including lessons learned).
• Support the development and launch of new knowledge products and tools, which includes user engagement and coordination with IFC’s Information Technology team.
• Assist in leveraging technology for knowledge solutions (including, text-analytics and artificial intelligence).
• Support and guide operations teams in preparing for knowledge events, including highlighting best practices for knowledge dissemination.
• Work in close coordination with key partners on knowledge-related logistics and events management efforts.
• Address client queries regarding posting and managing Intranet content.
• Compile and analyze metrics for KM initiatives and identify areas for improvement.
Qualifications & Selection Criteria
• Bachelor of Business Management, IT, Data Science, Social Science/Public Policy, Library & Information Sciences, Graphic Communications, Communications, or other relevant qualification. Certifications in Knowledge Management is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience. Experience in knowledge technology and text analytics is a plus.
• Knowledge of IFC’s operational policies and procedures.
• Proven ability in the delivery of knowledge dissemination, learning programs, and large-scale events.
• High proficiency in Office 365 is essential; Knowledge of SharePoint, InDesign, Photoshop Tableau, and Adobe Analytics is preferred.
• Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize and.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work in a team environment.