About the Company
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
The IFC is looking for a high-performing Knowledge Management Officer to support, primarily, its knowledge technology and content management programs.
The Knowledge Management Officer will work as part of a wider team and may also be required to support other unit activities, including meeting facilitation, information management, change management, and learning. The Knowledge Management Officer will report to a senior team member of the unit.
The Knowledge Management Officer will be accountable for the following:
• Support project management of the knowledge technology portfolio through gathering content, technical, and functional requirements; conducting user acceptance testing; and supporting search initiatives.
• Contribute to the design and delivery of content strategy and content management activities, including working with internal clients to update content governance documentation, create a content strategy, and analyze and leverage metrics.
• Assist in developing thematic and industry content collections and conduct content inventories, audits, and gap analysis.
• Build and maintain SharePoint online-based sites and sub-sites.
• Support the renewal of IFC’s approach and user engagement in collecting, managing, and disseminating Lessons Learned, including the creation and governance of an intranet lessons portal.
• Conduct training and capacity-building efforts to ensure that content management standards and practices are understood within IFC.
• Lead taxonomy evaluations and maintenance of terms across WBG taxonomies.
Washington D.C., United States
Selection Criteria • Must have obtained an MBA or Master’ s degree in related specialty. • Minimum of 8 years of professional experience, with 3-5 years of experience in Knowledge Management-related positions. • Experience with knowledge-related IT tools (e.g., knowledge-sharing platforms) is necessary (with particular emphasis on business requirements definition and usability assessments) • In-depth knowledge of SharePoint, MS Suite of products and collaboration tools, WebEx, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Connect. • Project management experience is required (certification is preferred), including designing, planning, and implementing knowledge-related initiatives, coordinating/collaborating with other teams, and executing/facilitating programs and events involving knowledge management or knowledge creation. • Operational knowledge of IFC’s businesses is an advantage. • Ability to articulate complex technical and technological concepts and issues in clear terms. • Ability to work effectively in situations of high demand, pressure, and tight deadlines. • Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work in a team environment, as well as under minimum supervision.