Wits Business School’s Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment (CAPSI) are proud to offer two new academic programmes which focus on African Philanthropy, social investment and resource mobilisation.
These are the first of their kind on the continent of Africa. The first ever Postgraduate Diploma in the field of Philanthropy and Resource Mobilisation was launched in June 2021 and the first Master’s programme kicks off in January 2022.
The Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment (CAPSI) at Wits Business School aims to build the skills of future leaders in philanthropy and related fields. This programme is designed for students or professionals seeking specialisation.
- Duration: One year, modular format
- Qualifications: Postgraduate
- Programme structure: 1 year
- Study mode: Online
- Academic category: Specialist degree
- Elective course streams: Philanthropy and Fundraising in African Educational Institutions, Philanthropic Foundations, Innovations in Philanthropy, Philanthropy and Public Policy
- A Bachelor’s degree (NQF 7). Non-degreed individuals with working experience will be considered in exceptional cases.
- Working experience an advantage but not a requirement.
- A level of competence in Maths and English equivalent to the SA NSC level.
- Candidates may be required to undergo the WBS admission test.
- Only online applications are accepted. Click on top right-hand corner on the Wits website: Online Applications.
- Download the Management-Part-3-Word-Format.doc
- Please ensure that all information is correct and that you have uploaded everything on the checklist (refer to brochure).
- Should your application be successful an amount of R15 000 will be payable on acceptance. This amount is non-refundable and will be offset against the registration fee payable in your first year.
0861 000 927 (WBS) 0R