Stanford Institute for Innovation for Developing Economies (“Stanford Seed”) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Seed Spark Community Manager.
The Community Manager is based remotely in India.The Seed Spark Community Manager will serve as a key staff member responsible for the growing and nurturing the network of stakeholders of the Stanford Seed Spark program. Seed Spark is an online entrepreneurship program designed by Stanford GSB and offered by Stanford Seed to help budding entrepreneurs running early-stage startups to scale their businesses.
The position reports to the Blended Learning Program Manager, Seed South Asia.
The Community Manager will be directly responsible for:
- Manage, nurture and grow high-value external relationships with strategic importance to the institution.
- Identify, negotiate, oversee signing, and support.
- Spark collaborators, mentors, and potential investors to achieve success in working with Seed Spark.
- Ensure continuity of institutional and interpersonal contact with existing and prospective Spark collaborators, mentors, investors and Spark network entrepreneurs.Nurture/sustain a growing network of Spark startups and mentors.
- Propose a network strategy, organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications (digital/in-print), planning promotional events and in-person meetups for past participants in Seed Spark and others.
- Plan and coordinate network elements within schedule and budget.
- Manage network communication channels to actively engage network chapter members, mentors, and collaborators.
- Lead impact data collection efforts, by executing strategies to collect and analyze data from network members, mentors and collaborators.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time based on organizational requirements.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Exposure or work experience to the startup ecosystem, especially to entrepreneurship support organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to grow organizational networks and work with multiple stakeholders including collaborators/partners external to the organization.
- Experience working with business leaders who volunteer to mentor high-potential entrepreneurs running early-stage startups.Demonstrated familiarity with office software and email applications.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, take initiative and ownership and operate with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and administrative skillsCreativity, familiarity with media tools such as Adobe Creative cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Express), Canvas.
- Experience managing social networking platforms and performing the admin role of social media networks like LinkedIn, Facebook, Workplace, Twitter, YouTube.Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Experience with Zoom, NovoEd, Form Assembly, email automation software (e.g. Mailchimp), Salesforce, Asana, website maintenance tools (e.g. WordPress, Wix).
- Experience in online or blended learning courses/programs either as a student or part of a team conducting such courses/programs.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations.
- Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
- Prior knowledge in entrepreneurship and management discipline/domain is a plus.