Miami University is excited to partner with the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi to contribute to the development of internationalization leaders at Indian Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and the creation of university partnerships and collaborations between India and the United States. We are seeking participants from Indian HEIs for a professional development training program in 2022. A cohort of 10 participants and 2 alternates will be selected to participate in the training course, which will require ~10 hours per month commitment from February through November 2022 (combination of synchronous virtual interactions and independent work).
Participants in the program will:
- Become familiar with the existing scholarly literature and currently accepted best practices for internationalization and collaboration in U.S. institutions by working through an online course and engaging virtually with U.S. Senior International Officers (SIOs) and administrators in the United States
- Participate in a virtual Association of International Education Administrator’s event in Spring 2022
- Attend the annual NAFSA: Association of International Educators Annual Conference May 31 to June 3, 2022 in Denver, Colorado
- Develop campus internationalization strategic plans for their own institutions
- Help develop a model of campus internationalization specifically for the Indian context
Interested higher education leaders in India are asked to complete this interest survey by January 15, 2022.
Learn more at https://www.miamioh.edu/global-initiatives/about/initiatives/us-india-collaboration/index.html