GBSN Members are Invited to July’s Collab: Workforce Development in the Humanitarian Sector
The July Collab will feature a discussion with Pam Steele, the Supply Chain Transformation Director for PSA. PSA is a management consultancy specializing in supply chain transformation and workforce capacity development in the health sector in low- and middle-income countries.
Pam has first-hand experience in how the humanitarian sector is challenged by limited access to skilled labor despite high levels of unemployment, primarily due to:
- Rapid change within the humanitarian sector, its key players, and operations
- Needs for updating professional skills, fueled by technological change
- Insufficient access to educational opportunities to prepare individuals for humanitarian sector roles
Join the July Collab to explore the role of business schools in developing the humanitarian workforce of the future.
We will explore questions like:
- How can business schools be proactive in combating this workforce discrepancy and improving workforce sustainability?
- Why is attention to gender and inclusion in leadership so crucial to workforce development in the humanitarian sector, and how can we do so?
- What is the importance of teaching students to identify actual beneficiaries and their needs?
- What roles do business schools play in preparing students to create proactive humanitarian solutions?
Supply Chain Transformation Director
Pamela Steele Associates
Thursday, 7 July, 2022
- 8:00am Washington D.C.
- 2:00pm Paris
- 1:00pm Lagos
- 5:30pm Mumbai
- 8:00pm Singapore
Cross-Border Collabs are not open to the public and are only open to GBSN Members.
What are Cross-Border Collabs?
Cross-Border Collabs are exclusive gatherings for GBSN members, focused on engaging our community to tackle some of the greatest challenges of our time. Facilitated by topic experts, these session will provide a place for our members be active participants in our mission of improving management and entrepreneurship education for the developing world. Collabs are held monthly on every first Thursday of the month. Collabs are an exclusive opportunity for member school ambassadors, deans and leading faculty members.