CERGY, JUNE 8, 2017 – True to its tradition of innovation and the pioneering spirit that it has embodied since its creation, ESSEC Business School’s Global BBA Program will evolve in September 2017. The program has been redesigned to better meet students’ expectations and aspirations, to develop their talent and to transform them into responsible and committed professionals capable of anticipating and coping with the many challenges of our time. The program will incorporate new courses; a curriculum oriented more towards entrepreneurship, digital technology and the humanities; and more inter-campus mobility.
ESSEC’s Global BBA, a four-year internationally-oriented program, is one of the top ranked Bachelor’s programs. As a selective and demanding program, the Global BBA attracts many students from France and around the world by offering a comprehensive academic curriculum, 10 Ð 16 months of professional experience and at least six months of international exposure. The program welcomes talented, young individuals who are motivated by the desire to quickly understand the issues companies face and to engage in international experiences. The Global BBA, available on the Cergy, Singapore and Morocco campuses, aims to transform its students into responsible professionals and socially committed global citizens.
In order to enable students to better meet the challenges of an ever-changing world, ESSEC’s Global BBA program will evolve in September 2017. This evolution, which comes in response to the rapid growth of the program, capitalizes on ESSEC’s multi-campus offer and promotes the integration of digital technology in the program’s teaching methods. The redesigned program will offer an educational model that incorporates disciplines other than management, thus giving students the necessary skills and a global intelligence to face the challenges of the future.
“The strengths that make us one of the leading international Bachelor’s programs have been reinforced in order to keep up with the changes happening in our rapidly evolving world. We felt that it was essential to provide our students with the keys to becoming the creative and open-minded leaders that are needed in today’s business ecosystem more than ever.” explains Hugues Levecq, Director of the Global BBA program.
A program redesigned to incorporate the challenges of the future
“We wanted the redesigned Global BBA to be a resolutely global program, thanks to our three international campuses, that promotes the open mindedness of our students. As a result of the new changes, the students will be able to take classes Ð seminars or online courses Ð which focus on other disciplines besides management; they will be better equipped to master digital tools; and they will be able to more readily pursue their entrepreneurial ventures.” continues Levecq.
The program developments include:
- The addition of an entrepreneurial course that consists of the creation and implementation of projects and helps students discover the world of business and start-ups. Students’ entrepreneurial skills will be developed throughout the first two years of the program starting with an introduction to entrepreneurship course which ends with a creative project. This will be followed by a course centered on innovation, creativity and design thinking. Over the course of the next two years, students will be able to follow an ‘entrepreneurship track’ designed to help them launch their creative projects. Throughout the entire program, students will also discover the world of start-ups and will benefit from ESSEC’s comprehensive entrepreneurial ecosystem, its two incubators, ESSEC Ventures and Entropia, and its seed fund.
- The introduction of compulsory online courses thanks to ESSEC’s partnership with Coursera, an online, academic platform offering courses from some of the best international universities. Students will be able to choose a MOOC to follow from a multidisciplinary catalog ranging from the humanities to neurosciences. They will be required to follow a different MOOC each semester for the first two years of the program: this will allow them to be more autonomous in their learning journey. Furthermore, in addition to the new html and code courses that will be offered, the MOOCS will serve as a means to further integrate digital technology into the curriculum.
- Optional inter-campus mobility will be open to all students from the second year onwards. This will give each student a chance to have an international experience and it will help prepare them to make educated choices in the future in regards to their internships and academic exchanges.
- The creation of a Business Intelligence Module managerial seminar that students will take upon integration into the program. The seminar will put the professional landscape in context for the students and it will give meaning to the course and the lessons to come. This seminar will take place simultaneously on the three campuses; Cergy, Rabat and Singapore.
The implementation of these new elements reflects the transformation process Global BBA students experience; moving from adaptation to a new learning environment to the implementation of an exciting professional and personal project:
- Year 1: a time for students to discover their new environment and the professional landscape.
- Year 2: students have the opportunity to put in to practice their newly acquired skills and
- Year 3: the time to start developing a professional project.
- Year 4: implementation of the professional project and preparation for life after the Global BBA.
Designed with a progressive approach in mind, the new curriculum allows each student to fine-tune their acquisition of knowledge and skills and to discover new professional horizons. With the new curriculum, ESSEC prepares its students to become committed and responsible actors in an increasingly diverse and uncertain world.
About ESSEC Business School
ESSEC, founded in 1907, is one of the world’s top management schools. With 5,330 students; a faculty comprised of 158 full-time professors, 19 of which are emeritus professors, in France and Singapore, recognized for both the quality and influence of their research; a wide range of management training programs; partnerships with the world’s best universities; and a network of 47,000 alumni, ESSEC continues to foster a tradition of academic excellence and a spirit of openness in the fields of economics, social sciences and innovation. In 2005, ESSEC opened a campus in Asia. ESSEC’s operations in Asia Pacific, strategically located in Singapore, present the perfect foothold for ESSEC to be part of the vibrant growth of Asia and to bring its expertise to the expanding region. Additionally, in 2017 ESSEC opened a new campus in Rabat, Morocco. ESSEC’s international expansion allows students and professors to study and understand the economic forces at work in the different regions of the world. For any additional information, please visit www.essec.edu or www.essec.edu/asia.