The Financial Times recently published its Global MBA Ranking for 2018, showing the 100 best business schools around the world.
To be eligible to participate in the ranking, a school must fulfill the following criteria: being accredited by either AACSB or EQUIS, the program must have been running for at least four years and the first class must have graduated at least three years before the publication date. Of said alumni, at least 20% must have completed the survey, which serves as the most important criterion, (59%) for the final ranking. Other criteria include school data such as internationality of staff and students (31%), and the number of publications by full-time staff (10%). The detailed ranking methodology can be found here.
GBSN Member Schools
GBSN is proud to find five of its member school in the top 10 again, led by INSEAD, ranking second (ranked first in 2017). The University of Chicago Booth School of Business moves up to rank sixth (ranked seventh in 2017), while Columbia Business School continues to maintain the seventh spot. The MIT Sloan School of Management (ranked 13th in 2017) and the University of California at Berkeley Haas School of Business (ranked 13th in 2017) join the top 10 list again, ranking ninth and tenth.
In total, eight member schools are ranked among the top 25 and nineteen among the top 100.
FT 2018 Global MBA Top 25
1. Stanford Graduate School of Business (US)
2. INSEAD (France/Singapore)
3. University of Pennsylvania: Wharton (US)
4. London Business School (UK)
5. Harvard Business School (US)
6. University of Chicago Booth School of Business (US)
7. Columbia Business School (US)
8. Ceibs (China)
9. MIT Sloan School of Mangagement (US)
10. University of California, Berkeley Haas School of Business (US)
11. IESE Business School (Spain)
12. Northwestern University: Kellogg (US)
13. University of Cambridge: Judge (UK)
Click here to see the full ranking.
14. HKUST Business School (China)
15. Yale School of Management (US)
16. Dartmouth College, Tuck School of Business (US)
17. Cornell University SC Johnson College of Business (US)
18. National University of Singapore Business School (Singapore)
19. Duke University: Fuqua (US)
20. ESADE Business School (Spain)
21. HEC Paris (France)
22. Nanyang Business School (Singapore)
23. New York University: Stern (US)
24. IMD (Switzerland)
25. UCLA: Anderson (US)
Lena Hoffmeister is the Communications and Event Planning Intern at the Global Business School Network.