Stanford Seed seeks a fixed-term, 100% time, benefits-eligible, Associate Director, Communications for a period of six-months (November 2022 – April/May 2023). A local candidate is preferred, however remote applicants are encouraged to apply, as well.
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Stanford’s Graduate School of Business has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancingdiversity, equity, and inclusionin service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission.
Stanford Seed, which is housed at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, partners with entrepreneurs from across Africa and South Asia to help them build thriving enterprises that transform lives. We deliver world-class business training and resources to help entrepreneurs from promising startups and profitable companies take their businesses, countries, and regions to the next level.
The Associate Director will work in collaboration with the Director, Communications to ensure the on-time delivery of communications projects spanning from brand collateral creation to social media maintenance. The Associate Director will work with staff and stakeholders both at Stanford and across the globe. This role requires flexibility, including travel for approx. one week to Mumbai, India in March 2023, and potentially for one week in mid-November 2022 to Cape Town, South Africa (for training/staff integration.)
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a passionate team, learn new technology/applications, and showcase your keen project management skills. The role will be of particular interest to those who possess cultural curiosity and who are motivated by contribution.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Project management
- Podcast production assistance
- Email marketing
- Newsletter creation
- Social media support
- Video production assistance
- Participant recruitment planning and evaluation
- Event support
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in management of projects, including project planning, scheduling, and tracking.
- Strong communication skills to effectively connect with internal and external audiences.
- Ability and interest in learning and utilizing new technology (Pardot, Workplace, Khorus, Salesforce, WhatsApp mass messaging, Photoshop, Google Drive, Asana, etc.) Training provided.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- International experience, preferably in emerging markets (Africa, South Asia).
- Recruitment experience in a higher education environment.
- Podcast and film production background
- Experience working with designers/design capabilities.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.