Africa accounts for 17% of the world’s population yet emits less than 5% of the world’s carbon emissions. Africa boasts a massive talent population, but also demonstrates the highest rate of education exclusion. It is a continent rich in resources, talent potential, and innovation, but lacks the necessary tools to expand its portfolio in sustainable ways. Session four investigates the various components of sustainable development, from female participation in the workforce to healthcare resources to relevant education, and what the continent is doing to address some of these broader goals. Africa is leading the way in the business of UN Sustainable Development Goal relevancy, but what is holding its people back from success? This session will explore relevant struggles in the integration of the SDG initiatives, as well as provide an engaging discussion of what can be done going forward to achieve these broader goals.
- Session 1: Africa’s Talent Challenges in a Changing World
- Session 2: Transformative Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Session 3: The Future Workforce-Learning and Development in the 4th Industrial Revolution
- Session 4: The Business of Sustainable Development
- Session 5: Powering Digital Transformation
Wednesday, 3 March 2021
- 5:00am MST
- 7:00am EST
- 1:00pm WAT
- 2:00pm SAST
- 3:00pm EAT
This virtual forum is free of charge, complimentary of GBSN and Ecobank Academy.