Intellectual Property (IP) Considerations
- The competition and its judges will not sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), and teams requiring non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) should not participate.
- Entries must be the original work of the individual or team and not previously published anywhere else. Entries must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate as may be deemed by GBSN.
- Competing individuals and teams will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants license the Global Business School Network and the Victoria Forum, a worldwide royalty-free perpetual license to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. Competition organizers are under no obligation to publish any entries.
General Terms and Conditions
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
- Competition organizers reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- Competition organizers will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.
- Competition organizers reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the contest (including modifying prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a contest is not capable of being conducted as specified. Competition organizers reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
- Unethical behavior, including but not limited to plagiarism or academic dishonesty, will automatically lead to the disqualification of the team, as well as banning from future competitions for a period of time to be determined by GBSN, and notification of the academic representatives of the school.
Withdrawing From the Competition
When a team completes the registration, is approved to participate and accepts their invitation to compete, they are committing to participate. If an individual or a team can no longer compete after accepting the invitation to participate, please send an email to Julie Labelle at firstname.lastname@example.org to officially withdraw from the competition.
If proper communication is not provided to withdraw, the student or team and sponsoring university will be subject to disqualification from competing in the next Essay Contest or any other GBSN sponsored competitions for that year and the following year.